ISMRD has been fortunate to achieve a few notable milestones through the hard work and dedication of the members of our Board of Directors, past and present; an empathetic and sincere group of scientists and medical professionals and a concerned and proactive group of families from many different countries. Without the three groups working as a team, ISMRD would not be in its present position of being the world's most prominent advocate for Glycoprotein Storage Diseases.
Among our most significant achievements have been the following listed below. To learn more please follow the links to a more detailed account about the highlights of each.
- The 1st International Scientific and Family Conference on Glycoprotein Storage Diseases held in Washington 1–4 April 2004.
- Crossing Oceans for a Cure workshop and walk–run fundraiser held in Ann Arbor, Michigan 22–23 April 2005.
- The 2nd International Conference on Glycoprotein Storage Diseases held in Michigan 24–27 July 2007
- The 3rd International Conference on Glycoprotein Storage Diseases held in Charleston, South Carolina 28–29th July 2012. We also held two Natural History Study Clinics either side of this meeting.
- The 4th Glycoproteinoses International Conference – Advances in Pathogenesis and Therapy – held in St. Louis, 23–26 July 2015
- The 5th Glycoproteinoses International Conference - Embracing Innovation - Advancing the Cure - held in Rome, Italy 1 - 4th November 2017